Seiten

Hello my Name is Paul Smith

Sunday 27 April 2014


Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do for a long time - I went to the Hello my name is Paul Smith exhibition. Ever since I knew I was moving to London this has been on my "things to do and see" list, but for whatever reason had been put off and put off until yesterday when I thought I would go down to the Design Museum and check it out!



The exhibition is a small glimpse into the visually overflowing mind of Paul Smith. One of my favourite design quotes is
and this was defiantly the message throughout!

The first room is like and exhibition in itself! there are framed pictures hung high to the ceiling ranging from works by Damien Hirst through to quirky doodles sent to Smith by his friends. The exhibition takes you through a variety of different spaces, taking you on the journey of Paul Smiths career, showing you the variety of interesting collaborations he has done - none fashion too, as well as a cinema room where you following him around on show day.






One of my favourite parts of the display was the recreation of his studio and it was just how I imagined it would be - creatively cluttered.


Paul Smith is an incredibly down to earth and humble guy - something that is quite rare among the fashion industry and this was really well shown. I found the exhibition both inspiring and encouraging and would highly recommend you go and have a look for yourself as it has been extended until the 22nd June 2014!




Go and check it out!
http://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/2013/paul-smith



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner