Seiten

The Boyfriend Blazer

Friday 20 June 2014

The blazer is a wardrobe essential whatever the season is, a timeless piece for both men and women which is why it makes it to the top of my shopping list. This year, like many, I am going oversized. We have seen so many “Boyfriend Coats” in the shops and on the catwalk its now time to steal their blazers too. No matter what your shape or style its perfect! It can be thrown over your LBD for more of an androgynous look or pair it with a slogan T-shirt and heels for “effortless chic”. Whatever you choose it will add instant cool to your look and you will earn some major fashion points this season.


My tip would be to raid your dad’s wardrobe or in my case, your brothers, before hitting the highstreet. Because they have been designed for a man, they aren’t tight fitting which is exactly what you need. The whole point of this staple piece is to look effortless and thrown together not as though you are a 50 year old office worker. Although, I would suggest rolling up the sleeves slightly so it gives the outfit a modern look.

Now, if your dad isn’t willing to part with his favourite jacket head to my favourite place at the moment – the charity shops! You can find some incredible blazers in there, many of which are by very good brands. Im still kicking myself for not buying a Phase Eight jacket for £10! (What was I thinking?) Make sure you go in with an open mind, look in the mens section too and try on! What may look like your Grandad’s blazer on a hanger could be your new found love at a very affordable price!

Be bold, be understated, be classic – its up to you. My colour choice at the moment would be White. Brave I know! But other colours such as Navy or Orange would look beautifully on trend teamed with a breton striped top and a pop of colour on the lips!



                                                             How will you be wearing yours this season?


*I do not own any of these photos

1 comment:

  1. I love wearing blazers, they add instant class to an outfit x

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner